big city *sigh*

This weekend with Chicago Boy was woooooonderrrrrful and so hard to come back to work from--at least this is only a 3 day week, as I have a 4 day weekend in Michigan coming up Friday!

Chicago Boy and I:
Skillet apple pie. Tasted
a lot better than it looks. :)
  • Went to Lou Malnati's for a pizza celebrating his recent birthday
  • I made him my first homemade apple pie. We loved it and gobbled it up in just over a day with copious amounts of ice cream. I had forgotten my pie pan and since he didn't have one I wound up Googling skillet apple pie recipes--basically the spiced apples in a buttered pan with crust only on top. Hands down DELICIOUS. 
  • Had a Lord of the Rings-a-thon all day Saturday. Staying in pjs and air conditioning on a muggy day was fine by me.
  • Grilled dinner on Saturday
  • Swim practice getting cancelled Sunday morning meant more sleep and making breakfast together
  • A PERFECT Sunday--forecasted rain be damned. We had baby blue skies and puffy clouds for my first trip to Wrigley Field to see the Cubbies lose to the St. Louis Cardinals, 1-0. We were under an awning, so no sunburns, but lots of breezy wonderfulness. This year marks Wrigley Field's 100th year. So cool to be in such a historic place!
  • See how pretty our drive in to Chicago was?!
  • A trip into the city to find the elusive, not at all elusive Bean, that I've walked by about a dozen times--don't ask me how!


Chicago Boy, oh so patient, as I snap photos


The Bean with the beautiful background of Michigan Ave.
This is one of my FAVORITE big city streets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH