Packing for 2.5 weeks in Europe

You remember Joan Didion's epic packing list post?
Because I'm a dork I inventoried what I've packed for 2.5 weeks travel in Germany and beyond:

Carry-on:
1 skirt
1 pair jeans
1 pair khakis
1 pair black capris
Enough underwear, bras, socks for 1 week
5 blouses
1 thin sweater
Bathing suit
PJs: 2 pairs shorts, 2 t-shirts
Hat
Bag with: shampoo, conditioner, facewash, bar of soap, face astringent, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, hair brush, floss, tweezers, jewelery, prescriptions

Backpack: 
2 journals
5 pens
Copy of Fodor's essential Europe (2014)
Copy of Lonely Planet's Europe on a Shoestring (2011)
3 books
Glasses
Camera & charger
Phone & charger
2nd pair of shoes
flip flops
Passport, Birth Certificate, License, Credit Cards, Cash
Laptop & cord
European power converters
Chewing gum

I only am packing for a week, as Yannick said I can do laundry at their apartment and we can probably do it at hostels along the way while we're road tripping. IN EUROPE!!

I travel casual--the 1 skirt I packed is black, matches all my blouses, and can be paired with either pair of shoes I've packed, in the event we go somewhere that needs something dressier than jeans.

My bags are packed and near the door, to be loaded into my car tonight. I am heading to ChicagoBoy's tomorrow morning to beat the afternoon Chicago traffic. I'll get to do some reading and relaxing and let out a HUGE sigh of content relief knowing that I am just beginning 2.5 weeks of vacation! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH