possible reference questions

I've been given the go-ahead and will be posting again for a circulation clerk. Ugh. I hate interviewing. And checking references. And training. Does anyone enjoy doing this stuff?

Something that I thought I could use for a quick reference check:

I am currently reviewing an application from _______ and was wondering if you might be willing to answer a few questions?
  • When did _______work for your company? Could you confirm starting and ending employment dates?
  • What was her/his position? Can you describe the job responsibilities?
  • Did _______ miss a lot of work? Was s/he frequently late? Were there any issues you are aware of that impacted her/his job performance?
  • Can you describe this person's experience working as a member of a team?
  • Would you rehire _______ if the opportunity arose?
  • Is there anything I haven't asked that you would like to share with me?
 Since this is at least a week off, I will focus instead on how excited I am for Gingerbread Houses, which are this week at the Library! One of my favorite programs, for sure, and I promise to post pictures. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH