sample retirement acceptance letter

The hardest part of being the Director in a small library is that we don't have an HR person, so on top of everything else we do we also get to do the paperwork for the new hires, and retires. Thank God for the internet or these processes would take a lot longer! 

One of my board members pointed out that though I'd been informed of staff retirements, I had to officially accept them with a letter...I am finding that a paper trail is an important thing. So, I found a short and simple letter on one university's HR website (sorry forgot which!?) and honed it to work for us. Attached is my sample of a retirement letter. 

Is anyone else out there going through this process too?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

meditating through my HULK SMASH